If CMS functionality is what you need, our web design work focuses on various platforms including but not limited to, Joomla!, WordPress & Drupal. If for some reason you do not want to go with one of the open source options we will build a CMS to your desired specifications.
These are the basic steps we follow in our design process. They can vary depending on each project’s complexity and desired functionality.
1. Define Project
- Interview – At your convenience, usually starts with a phone call and a meeting or Skype session.
- Tech Specs – What you need and how you need it.
- Project Timeline & Maintenance Plan – How long it will take and the future of the site.
2. Site Structure
- Content and Function Guide – What will you be adding?
- Layout Diagram – Draw a picture if needed.
- Wireframe – The basic structure is laid down…like digging a foundation.
3. Visual Design
- Mockup and visual design – More pictures…choose one you like.
- Feedback – We listen while you talk and provide suggestion and guidance.
- Refine Design – More to your liking.
4. Site Development
- Confirm Design & Tech specs – To make sure we’re on the same page.
- Timeline Review – In case any adjustments need to be made.
- Site Build – The actual coding, graphics and data work is done.
5. Test & Refine
- Quality Assurance Testing – Test everything from browser compatibility to whether you get that Contact Form from the site.
- Prioritize Issues – If there are any.
- Refine Site – Repair bugs, finalize aesthetics.
6. Site Launch
- Launch Site – Champagne for everyone!!
- Implement Maintenance – The future is here already!!
What you can expect with every site that we develop
Search Engine Optimization
Every site is submitted to Google, Bing, Yahoo and Alta Vista search engines. More targeted SEO includes but is not limited to:
1. Effective use of keywords within context of your site.
2. Concentrating on usability and accessibility for search engines to crawl your site.
3. Image and site optimization for load speed.
4. XML and HTML Sitemaps are generated and submitted through Google’s Webmaster Tools function.
5. Link building campaigns sold separately.
SEO is an art as much as it is a science. Each project requires a unique set of attributes to be added in order to rank higher in search engine indexing.
Your navigation is designed to provide both functionality and accessibility to all areas on your site. It will be easy-to-use and consistent throughout the site. Navigation aides like breadcrumbs are included where applicable.
Call to action buttons are inserted where appropriate and attractive.
Information is easy to find. Content is consistently organized throughout the site and is free of any typographical and grammatical errors.
All sites are tested in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Opera browsers for cross browser compatibility.
Device Ready Layouts
All sites are tested on Ipad, Iphone, Android and Blackberry to ensure that mobile browsing goes off without a hitch. With almost 50% of all web traffic now being device-based(phone, tablets, readers etc.), this is an essential part of our planning and development.
Social Media Integration
Almost without exception, every site we build has some measure of social media integration. With the prevalence of platforms like Facebook, Twitter and You Tube, social media is virtually impossible to ignore.
Google Analytics is installed provided that you have a Google account login, for example Gmail. However, if you do not have a Google account, we will set one up for you and provide instruction on how to utilize Google Analytics’ services as well as ensure that a monthly Analytics Report is sent your way.